My School

My School

Monday, September 12, 2011

48 Hours

I have only two days until I finally make my trip to Rennes, the capital of Brittany. It's hard to imagine that I'll spend eight months, two weeks, and 4 days away from home.
At the beginning of the summer, it seemed to be so far away, but now as I count down the hours, I wish it wasn't so close. Especially since there are so many people to say goodbye to. In the past, I've really counted on my friends as a support system, and I can only hope that I'll meet some incredible people at SYA.
Unfortunately, I have not heard from my host family. However, I'm confident and hopeful that they'll be a great fit for me. As a housewarming gift, I'm bringing a ceramic bowl that I made at the Danforth Museum this summer. What with Freshman year ceramics and all the summer classes, it's nice to know that my hard work has paid off.
Getting ready to head off to France has been hard for me. Usually by this time of year, I'd have all my school supplies and a list of classes and teachers. But with the 3,500 mile journey ahead of me, my teachers, fellow students, and host family are unknown to me. Nevertheless, I have faith in the SYA program to make this an amazing year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment